Remix #14 of 30 :: black dress + denim jacket + blue suede heels
Beginning and ending the week in the same little black dress. The best part of a capsule wardrobe is the excuse to wear your favorite pieces all the time. (The worst part: you gotta stay on top of your laundry!)
I’m so happy it’s Friday. Our pretty little flower shop is currently under siege; we’re swarming with giant flies that literally popped up overnight. We just have to survive a few hours until we can close for the weekend and let exterminators fog the place. Owning a business: never a dull moment!
So I thought we’d wrap up the week with some good stuff from around the ‘web:
- I loved the Buzzfeed post ‘Getting Rid of Clothes I Hated Helped Me Love My Body.’ Quote of the piece: “And so I will share with you what I wish someone had shared with me: If you open your closet and realize things are no longer fitting you, you don’t have to assign it any emotional significance.”
- If you need me over Thanksgiving break, I’ll be watching the Gilmore Girls revival, which premiers on Netflix November 25th. The first trailer gave me all the feels! (I’m already worried that the four-part series just isn’t going to be enough.)
- 11 Struggles of Being the Pale Friend is too real for me in the summertime.
- Any other Hanson fans in the house? (Don’t be shy, you’re in great company here.) It’s been TWENTY YEARS since the release of Mmmbop — I still know all the words, thankyouverymuch — and the brothers recently reunited for an acoustic rendition that will make your day.
- Need some summer reading material? The Washington Post rounded up 37 of their favorite books so far this year.
Pssst… these blue suede heels are Jessica Simpson oldies-but-goodies, but here’s another cute pair under $100!