The $2 Brow Tamer You Need In Your Makeup Bag

11/07/2016 10 Comments
Budget Beauty: $2 Wet N Wild Brow Shaper Review

The $2 Brow Tamer You Need In Your Makeup Bag

11/07/2016 10 Comments

My eyebrows and I have reached a point in our relationship where I just let them do their thing; they’re wild, free, and living their best life. I tweeze/wax my brows just enough to keep them from growing together and/or into my hairline — both of which they’ll do if left unchecked — and trim them so I don’t look like the man who sold juicers back in the 90’s.

img_6946
bareMinerals GEN NUDE Matte Liquid Lipstick in ‘Weekend’

My daily brow routine is pretty simple: I use a pencil or powder to define the shape and fill in sparse spots, brush the hairs straight up, and set them with a brow gel, pomade, or wax for a natural, unfussy finish.

While I love a good clear brow gel, it can sometimes feel like super glue in your brows: some are so intense they’re more difficult to remove than my waterproof mascara at the end of the day. Lately, I prefer something with a softer waxy hold, and on a recent stroll down the drugstore beauty aisle, I found the perfect thing.

FOR TWO DOLLARS.

The Wet n’ Wild Color Icon Brow Shaper is a jumbo clear pencil with natural beeswax, carnuba wax, and castor oil. The ingredients feel nourishing — no dry, crispy eyebrows, please and thanks — and the product gently holds my brows in place all day. It also keeps them moisturized and shiny (which sounds weird, but I dig it) and is super easy to remove.

Castor oil is packed with ricinoleic acid, an omega-9 fatty acid, that’s rumored to nourish follicles and stimulate hair growth. If your brows are sparse it’s worth a shot: even if the hair growth bit is hogwash, it’s still naturally conditioning, which will keep the brows you have in tip-top shape.

AND IT’S TWO DOLLARS.

Daily Eyebrow Routine With Wet N Wild Brow Tamer Wax Pencil

A few of my favorite brow products: powder duo, pencil, trimming scissors, tweezers, sharpener

I use the Color Icon Brow Shaper as a last step in my makeup routine. I apply it generously through my filled-in brows, then use a spoolie brush to comb it through and brush ’em up.

Since it’s a wax pencil, it can be tricky to sharpen, so try popping it in the freezer overnight before you sharpen it.

Beauty hackMascara wands make the best eyebrow brushes. When its time to toss your favorite tube of mascara, save the wand. Wash it clean with soap and water and, voila, free brow spoolie!

• Azubuike Christian Nwankpa 12/02/2016 at 1:41 pm

Renew your appearance and renew your love attractions with this ingredients

• beautyonabudget123 11/21/2016 at 12:18 pm

Love this post! Sounds like we have very similar eye brow problems with the growing together and into the hair line. Glad it’s not just me! :) I have always kept mine under control with waxing as well, but have recently been experimenting with different products. Would love if you would check out my blog. Thanks! https://beautyonabudget123.wordpress.com/

• […] products that are all shine and no glitter: this palette and this fresh glow fluid — plus filled and tamed brows, a quick swipe of rosy blush, and a nude […]

• dorie 11/08/2016 at 2:22 pm

Nice idea with the mascara brsh :)
    Kisses, Dorie

• Kari 11/08/2016 at 1:58 pm

Good to know! My brows need some love <3

• One In A Million | Emma 11/07/2016 at 10:58 pm

Will it melt away on a really hot and sunny day? haha
    On another note I wish we stocked Wet n Wild in New Zealand, I can only admire from afar. I would order online but shipping costs a bomb haha

• fromheretothere711 11/07/2016 at 9:53 pm

Awesome post, I recently discovered the need for eyebrow gel after looking through some pics, safe to say your post came at the prefect time !!!

• Elizabeth 11/07/2016 at 3:29 pm

Thanks for the tip about putting the pencil in the freezer before sharpening – that’s a great idea! I’ll have to check out that sharpener, because I have 2 sharpeners that have the side for the bigger pencils, but neither of them fits my Milani brow wax pencil! I imagine that pencil is similar to this wnw one and I love it. Hoping I can find something large enough to sharpen it!

• Amy 11/07/2016 at 12:09 pm

You brows look amazing. Thanks for sharing how you do them.

• Daniela Soriano 11/07/2016 at 11:48 am