My Fall/Winter Wardrobe Wish List

11/21/2016 11 Comments

My Fall/Winter Wardrobe Wish List

11/21/2016 11 Comments

Part of my Grown-Lady Shopping Rules is making a list of the pieces I’d like to add to my wardrobe each season. I scour style blogs, magazines, Pinterest, and my favorite retailers’ websites and catalogues for inspiration, and try to pick pieces that will play well with what’s already in my closet. My seasonal wish lists are a mix of classic investment pieces, quality basics, and one or two budget-friendly trend items to keep things fresh.

For fall and winter, I’m all about cozy layers, easy relaxed fits, draped silhouettes, and rich earth tones with a few pops of print.

Completer Pieces

In search of: boyfriend cardigans and drape-front sweaters that are long enough to wear with leggings, and a cool throw-it-over-anything suede jacket. (This one is faux suede and under $60 at H&M!)

Bags

I started a tradition of buying 1-2 quality leather bags per year: something fun and colorful in the spring/summer, and a classic neutral carryall in the fall.

Madewell totes are a classic fall staple, and I can’t get enough chic leather backpacks. This one is a pretty good dupe for the Everlane Petra that’s been on my wish list since last year, for less than half the price.

Tops

Gimme all the wrap-front blouses and super-soft layering tees and camisoles, please and thanks.

I need another denim shirt like I need a hole in the head, but this popover style feels modern and easy. Trends I’m loving this season are cold-shoulders (perfect for bipolar Florida winters) and lace-up sweaters.

Shoes

I’m kind of obsessed with suede Mary Janes making a comeback; I love them paired with cropped straight jeans and a cozy sweater.

These leather ankle wrap flats are a budget-friendly version of the $675 Aquazzura ‘Christy’ flats that are all over the blogosphere this year, and I think they’re perfect to wear with skinnies or leggings and a boyfriend sweater. (Which is my fall/winter uniform #goals.)

The other two are fall staples: a fresh pair of suede or leather booties and comfy flats.

Bottoms & Dresses

I usually need to replace my favorite black skinnies around this time each year, and I’m loving a high-waist straight jean right now. I have a great pair from LOFT but I’m seriously considering a splurge on this vintage Madewell style.

My closet is always lacking in day dresses, so I’m on the hunt for easy styles that I can wear under the completer pieces above. My girlfriend swears by Splendid’s tank dresses: they’re a simple basic that are cute alone with leather flip flops in the summer, or with ankle booties and oversized cardigans or leather jackets in the fall.

If I did a fall/winter capsule wardrobe, it would probably look exactly like this lineup. I’d throw in a few more layering tees and camis, and call it a day. You can create so many cute outfits from these pieces, especially when you add scarves and accessories into the mix.

What’s on your wardrobe wish list this season?

(Featured image via Pinterest)

• Azubuike Christian Nwankpa 12/02/2016 at 1:20 pm

Make yourself and others happy this season , get something most special to celebrate the season

• […] and I love how versatile it is. It’s the perfect day-to-night LBD. Casual day dresses are on my winter wardrobe wish list, and this feels like the perfect “swingy” frock for ankle boots, ballet flats, […]

• CJ 11/26/2016 at 6:52 pm

You know I love it all am specially the Mary Jane shoes !
    Love everything that you post .
    Blessings CJ

• atkokosplace 11/24/2016 at 12:44 am

Great pieces to add to any collection. :)

• Hillary 11/22/2016 at 7:50 pm

I just love everything about this post!!! Stunning!!!

anoklahomagirl.com

• Mackenzie 11/22/2016 at 3:42 pm

I would really love a good, either dark camel, or salt and peppered (or both!) cocoon coat this year! I have been looking for one that works for what seems like years now, I think its actually been years…ugh.

I love the idea of planning out what pieces you are going to buy each season. That’s really smart, and I bet it cuts down on overspending! i definitely go in to a season with an idea of what I want, but unfortunately without a definite game plan, that usually means purchasing a lot of variations of the same thing, until I find the perfect one.

-Mackenzie

• something simple 11/22/2016 at 2:59 pm

I applaud your capsule wish list! I also have started making wish lists of items that are needed for each capsule wardrobe. I think it is so important to help limit shopping (which is dificult for me!). Great post!

• LaRoy 11/22/2016 at 1:58 pm

Love the shoes///heels

• Amy 11/21/2016 at 8:59 pm

You got some great items on your Wishlist.

• KimandMakeup 11/21/2016 at 11:55 am

That Madewell plaid top is AMAZING

• rachelwilliams94 11/21/2016 at 10:20 am

some gorgeous products here, especially the bags!