Why There’s Lip Balm In My Eyebrows

01/31/2017 30 Comments

Why There’s Lip Balm In My Eyebrows

01/31/2017 30 Comments

To File under: Weird Beauty Hacks The Internet Made Me Try.

Ya’ll know I love full feathery brows. I tweeze mine just enough to keep them from growing together/into my hairline/down to my eyelids (seriously, they’re wild) and lately I like them brushed straight up, à la Brook Shields in the ’80s. Last week, thebeautydepartment.com dropped the bomb that you can use lip balm instead of brow gel to set the hairs in place and train them to stand up; and when TBD tells you to try something, you just gotta do it.

I’ve used this clear brow gel for the better part of a decade; it’s a holy grail product for me that I always repurchase. It invisibly holds my brows in place until I wash it off and never flakes or looks crispy. So this lip balm business had big shoes to fill, but you guys, it totally works!

1. The feathery brow trend is all about easy, unfussy definition and shape, so to start, I used a powder to lightly define my arches and fill in sparse spots. (I forgot how much I love this duo brow powder; I usually stick to my go-to pencil because it’s so quick and easy.)
  2. Then I scooped a little lip balm onto the back of my hand, swiped a spoolie brush through it, and brushed it into my brows. I pushed the front hairs straight up and over the arch line, and smoothed down the “tail”. It didn’t take any longer than my usual brow routine, and the I like the separation and subtle sheen the lip balm leaves in my brows.

Henne Organics kindly sent me their luxury set of lip scrub and balm to try last season, and the lip balm is perfect for this job. The beeswax in the formula helps hold the hairs in place, while the organic fruit and nut oils and shea butter condition and add a little shine. This drugstore beeswax lip balm would work well, too.

So, whether you’re new to the brow grooming game, want to pare down your morning makeup routine, or just love to try new beauty hacks, this one is a weird-but-true winner!

• […] like grooming your eyebrows but don’t have a special brow setting gel at hand, here is a post on how to get by with a common lip […]

• […] © Keira Lennox […]

• Alfieri Jewel Design 03/02/2018 at 4:25 am

Cool!

• […] Crédito: Keira Lennox. […]

• […] рукой не оказалось специального геля для их укладки, тут рассказывают, как обойтись в этой ситуации обычным […]

• […] Tames messy brows […]

• diophilia 04/22/2017 at 2:17 pm

Amazing post :)
    For similar posts check my blog :) https://diophilia.wordpress.com/

• detailsandsimplicity 02/06/2017 at 7:53 am

I’ve been using Lucas’ Papaw Ointment on my eyebrows for years and it’s amazing! I can definitely see how lip balm and Vaseline could do the job as well!

• Lindsayrose 02/05/2017 at 12:03 pm

This is the best thing ever to be honest iv always used vaseline! Multiple uses and it’s just so cheap x x

• Ellia Blue 02/04/2017 at 9:52 pm

Such a great idea! Your brows look amazing. <3

• Daniela Soriano 02/02/2017 at 1:53 pm

I’ll try this as soon as tomorrow!

• healthylivingbyeva 02/01/2017 at 1:46 pm

Great idea! Never thought of that. The awesome thing about make-up is that you can use one item for multiple things. Will definitely try!

• thewesternsydneygirl 01/31/2017 at 8:09 pm

Thanks so much! Will definitely try this tip :)

• DymondM 01/31/2017 at 5:53 pm

I use my Glossier balm dot com when I can’t find my normal brow stuff!

• Keira Lennox 02/01/2017 at 9:08 am

Good call! I LOVE their Boy Brow… I just wish the tube wasn’t so small!

• DymondM 02/01/2017 at 9:11 am

They’re releasing Boy brow in clear today! You should try it!

• AlifyaLifestyle 01/31/2017 at 4:35 pm

Cool!!

• akmakeupaddict 01/31/2017 at 2:24 pm

Wow what a great tip; and your brows look absolutely stunning. I’ve got total brow envy over here :-)

• Keira Lennox 02/01/2017 at 9:09 am

You’re so sweet, thank you! I used to hate my full brows (the 90’s skinny eyebrow trend was rough on me, ha!) but I’ve grown to appreciate them. :)

• CJ 01/31/2017 at 1:30 pm

Your brows look great ,I do want to try the lip balm!

• Keira Lennox 02/01/2017 at 9:10 am

Thanks, CJ! The great thing about this hack is you probably already have lip balm lying around somewhere. And if you need a spoolie brush, an old mascara wand washed with soap and water does the trick.

• blushandsuch 01/31/2017 at 11:07 am

You know, this isn’t that out there seeing as though there were tutorials on using bar soap for brows!

• Keira Lennox 02/01/2017 at 9:20 am

I saw this going around the guru channels on YouTube last year! I was never brave enough to try it… I had visions of me getting caught in the rain and/or sweating soap down into my eyes. Ha!

• KimandMakeup 01/31/2017 at 10:27 am

definitely trying this!

• eat.exercise.exhale 01/31/2017 at 10:24 am

Cool idea!

• Azanah 01/31/2017 at 9:59 am

This is a super interesting idea, does the lip balm feel too sticky on your eyebrows? And does it stay well like a normal brow gel?

• Keira Lennox 02/01/2017 at 9:22 am

Great question — and one I had myself before I tried it. I was really surprised/impressed with how well it worked! It didn’t feel sticky at all, and I worried that it may get kind of greasy throughout the day but it held perfectly all day long. I think the trick is using a beeswax formula lip balm, because the texture is really similar to the brow wax/pomade you find in some brow kits.