You Need A Biker Jacket In Your Life

This faux leather number was an awesome find at Kohl’s for less than $60 several years ago. I scooped it up because it reminded me of a real leather biker jacket I saw on Cupcakes and Cashmere by Anine Bing, which at the time retailed for somewhere around my mortgage payment. It had similar quilted details and zippered sleeves with a slim fit, and happily fit in my budget at a fraction of the cost of the designer version. It’s still going strong as one of my favorite, hardest-working basics in my closet.

Faux Leather Biker Jacket Outfit, Style Blog, Budget Style

There’s something really easy and effortless about a cool leather — or faux leather! —   jacket: I love that you can throw it over a simple dress or t-shirt and jeans and look effortlessly put together.

See: Popsugar’s list of 28 different looks you can achieve with one leather jacket.

It’s become such a wardrobe staple I’m considering saving up some cash to invest in a real leather version. I mean, how dreamy is this ALLSAINTS beauty?

In the meantime, I’d love to add another faux leather or suede biker jacket to my closet in a light breezy color for spring… I’m thinking grey, baby blue or blush pink. I rounded up some budget-friendly styles I love that are all perfect for the season, and bonus, they’re all under $125!

a real-life style & beauty blog.

Hi, I'm Keira! I love bookstores, beauty counters, and unfussy style. I spend my days running my flower shop, and (some of) my nights blogging about what I love and what I wear.

1. 6.16.17

Obsessed with each and every one of these <3

2. 6.12.17
    cortitooooooo said:

Cansiones.

3. 6.12.17
    cortitooooooo said:

Love. Bebeee cortitoo.

4. 5.7.17
    Anonymous said:

Keira you look so nice in anything you put on !!
    Love this post !!

5. 5.7.17
    URSULA said:

OMG I want the pink one from Warehouse :O Perfect! <3

6. 5.4.17

I love leather jackets, I just have a hard time styling it with the rest of my wardrobe. This post was very useful!

7. 5.4.17

Can’t beat a biker jacket, it’s my biggest clothing staple.

8. 5.3.17

I have a gorgeous blue one but it’s a wee bit tight on my arms. Can’t wait to wear it more!

9. 5.3.17

Love it. I got an oxblood suede one at Express this year and adore it..not as easy to mix through the seasons as leather though perhaps

10. 5.3.17

I picked up a faux leather jacket in a bright peach color a few years ago from a boutique that was going out of business. It was on MAJOR sale, so I bought it, despite knowing that I’d virtually never wear it because of the color. Wrong! I was so surprised at how many things in my closet I could wear it with, and I get compliments on it every time. I love that gray one from H&M, too!

11. 5.2.17

Yasssss I love a good biker jacket!!! The blush pink looks so perfect, it makes it feminine but it still looks edgy!

12. 5.2.17
    DymondM said:

My black leather jacket from F21 is my biggest closet staple. Looking into investing in other colors like mint,peach,and white. i don’t like suede jackets though, because I feel it takes the edge off of the silhouette.

13. 5.2.17

They’re my very favorite skinnies from American Eagle! I always keep a couple pair in my closet, and they’re only $50.

Here’s a link: https://api.shopstyle.com/action/apiVisitRetailer?id=536960333&pid=uid4516-25114746-64

14. 5.2.17

Goodness, all of the options you’ve shown are so good. It’d be damned hard to choose. A grey or beige is always practical, but the pink Warehouse one is so pale it’s practically a neutral. And the arms are perfect. For a short gal like me, it’d probably be a little long. I love the length of the Boohoo Gemma. In other words, you can’t go wrong with any of them!

15. 5.2.17
    Julie Mennel said:

Love the look. Where are your pants from?