Style Files

I introduced this “Style Files” idea back in February and you guys were really into it! As I get back into the swing of blogging — after a rough 2017, I realized how much I really missed this creative outlet — I hope to make it a regular series. I love that I’m not the only one craving real-life, relatable style these days,  I started shooting iPhone mirror selfies before I run out the door every morning for a weekly #OOTD roundup.

This may end up being a study of how I wear the same pieces over and over; it’s not unusual for me to grab whatever’s hanging on the bed post from the previous day, throw it on, and run out the door. It’s funny to think that a decade ago, I hated repeating outfits, and now at 33, I’m perfectly content wearing the same cashmere sweater *literally* two days in a row.

1. Kadii wrote:

I really like all the outfits, but the last one has to be my absolute FAVORITE!!!

Posted 12.20.17 Reply
  2. Vanessa.C wrote:

This is great outfit inspiration, I’ve been stuck in a yoga pants rut all year and promised my self next year would be different 😁

Posted 12.20.17 Reply
  3. JCS395 wrote:

Keep doing these! So cute!

Posted 12.19.17 Reply
  4. Carolina Jenkins wrote:

Love the outfits ! MERRY CHRISTMAS KEIRA LENNOX !

Posted 12.19.17 Reply
    • And a very Merry Christmas to you, Carolina!!

Posted 12.20.17 Reply
  5. Fraser wrote:

Where is the simple leather backpack from? What a great looking and functional piece! Love the other looks as well!

Posted 12.19.17 Reply
    • Thank you! It’s a Michael Kors backpack that I found at TJ Maxx last season. It was such a good find, and I love it so much, I think it’s a worthy investment.

Posted 12.19.17 Reply
  6. Silex in the City wrote:

Yes, love the relatable style. Keep it coming!

Posted 12.19.17 Reply
  7. Julie wrote:

Love this! Glad these posts are coming back!

Posted 12.19.17 Reply
  8. Great Post. Having staples in your closet is key!

Posted 12.19.17 Reply
  9. A. Rowland wrote:

This is the most relatable Capsule Wardrobe I have seen. I am trying to simplify my closet but never know how to pair things up and have worried about what people at work might think if I wear the same thing twice in a row! This is very inspiring. I need to invest in some Levis. They look great.

Posted 12.19.17 Reply
    • Thank you! I think the key is to buy really basic, neutral pieces; then I honestly don’t think people notice when you repeat like they would with a statement print or bright color.

Posted 12.19.17 Reply

@keiralennox

• The only thing that would’ve made this @bonappetitmag ‘white pesto pasta’ better is if @lallimusic was in my kitchen when I made it. (I re-watched her video as I prepped, which was the next best thing.) Guys, I cannot overstate the seriousness of my obsession with the @bonappetitmag YouTube channel. Most of my bookmarks on my phone are videos of recipes I want to try, and I’m slowly making my way through ‘em; kind of like ‘Julie & Julia’ but with fewer live lobsters and a little less butter.
#pastagram #bonappetit #carbcoma
  • Spotted this pretty blooming bush on our evening walk through the neighborhood.
Doak got a little *too* close to the smell the flowers. 🤣
  • In today’s edition of #sundaybaking, I took on @bonappetitmag’s ‘best chocolate chip cookies’. I watched the video first — if you’re not following the @bonappetitmag YouTube channel, get on it! — then used the recipe from BA’s website to guide me through it.
Crispy edges + a chewy center + brown butter + giant chunks of 70% dark chocolate = a pretty perfect cookie. 🍪
@moroccochris - I salute you.
#chocolatechipcookies #bonappetit
  • Clearance vase jackpot at @pier1 this weekend. There are so many great colors and textures in all shapes and sizes from $10-30 with an extra 25% off. ⁣
This was the ultimate test of self-control for me...⁣
I bought 5.
  • Saturday errand style f/ two #styleonabudget favorites from last summer that are still going strong: this gingham ruffle cami I found on a clearance rack at @target + a rattan circle bag I bought for around $25 on @amazon.
I’m killing the cost-per-wear game with these two. 😏 #whatiwore #ootd #summerstyle #stylefiles
  • 🍑