Style Files

I introduced this “Style Files” idea back in February and you guys were really into it! As I get back into the swing of blogging — after a rough 2017, I realized how much I really missed this creative outlet — I hope to make it a regular series. I love that I’m not the only one craving real-life, relatable style these days,  I started shooting iPhone mirror selfies before I run out the door every morning for a weekly #OOTD roundup.

This may end up being a study of how I wear the same pieces over and over; it’s not unusual for me to grab whatever’s hanging on the bed post from the previous day, throw it on, and run out the door. It’s funny to think that a decade ago, I hated repeating outfits, and now at 33, I’m perfectly content wearing the same cashmere sweater *literally* two days in a row.

1. Kadii wrote:

I really like all the outfits, but the last one has to be my absolute FAVORITE!!!

Posted 12.20.17 Reply
  2. Vanessa.C wrote:

This is great outfit inspiration, I’ve been stuck in a yoga pants rut all year and promised my self next year would be different 😁

Posted 12.20.17 Reply
  3. JCS395 wrote:

Keep doing these! So cute!

Posted 12.19.17 Reply
  4. Carolina Jenkins wrote:

Love the outfits ! MERRY CHRISTMAS KEIRA LENNOX !

Posted 12.19.17 Reply
    • And a very Merry Christmas to you, Carolina!!

Posted 12.20.17 Reply
  5. Fraser wrote:

Where is the simple leather backpack from? What a great looking and functional piece! Love the other looks as well!

Posted 12.19.17 Reply
    • Thank you! It’s a Michael Kors backpack that I found at TJ Maxx last season. It was such a good find, and I love it so much, I think it’s a worthy investment.

Posted 12.19.17 Reply
  6. Silex in the City wrote:

Yes, love the relatable style. Keep it coming!

Posted 12.19.17 Reply
  7. Julie wrote:

Love this! Glad these posts are coming back!

Posted 12.19.17 Reply
  8. Great Post. Having staples in your closet is key!

Posted 12.19.17 Reply
  9. A. Rowland wrote:

This is the most relatable Capsule Wardrobe I have seen. I am trying to simplify my closet but never know how to pair things up and have worried about what people at work might think if I wear the same thing twice in a row! This is very inspiring. I need to invest in some Levis. They look great.

Posted 12.19.17 Reply
    • Thank you! I think the key is to buy really basic, neutral pieces; then I honestly don’t think people notice when you repeat like they would with a statement print or bright color.

Posted 12.19.17 Reply

@keiralennox

• Our blooming crepe myrtle + pink sunset skies. 💕
She was just a little baby tree when we planted her by our front window 13 summers ago, and now she’s as tall as the roof! #crepemyrtle #ihavethisthingwithpink #acolorstory #summernights
  • To file under Unexpected Wardrobe Staples: a snake print duster; I found this one at @topbuttons last month and put it in my #30x30remix as a wildcard. I wore it for the first time yesterday, and now I’m totally on-board the kimono/duster/light-and-easy-layering-layering-piece train! #ootd #instastyle #whatiwore #shoplocal
  • Hey, girl! 👋🏻 We have a handful of these hand-painted face vases available at @lasaterflowers that are perfect for fresh flowers, succulents, or even a catch-all bowl for keys and hair ties. (We all have one of those somewhere in our home; it may as well be cute. 😉) #floraldesign #shopsmall #summerblooms #flashesofdelight
  • I jumped on board with @kendieveryday’s #30x30remix! For the next month, I’ll mix-and-match 30 pieces from my wardrobe into 30 weekday outfits and share them in weekly roundups on the blog.

My first week of remixed outfits + my thoughts on the challenge are in today’s post at keiralennox.com. 👖
#capsulewardrobe #instastyle #ootd
  • Back to work after a relaxing weekend! But with *zero* tan to show for it; I’m never not fully-shaded and SPF’ed, wearing a giant sun hat and some kind of mumu situation on a beach.
☀️😂 👵🏼