After a lovely holiday season with our family and friends — plus a super busy, record-breaking December at the flower shop — I took the week off between Christmas and the New Year to recharge my batteries and live my best house mouse life. I spent 3 days last week in yoga pants, only leaving home to get coffee, walk the dog, and bike around the neighborhood. Between naps, eating my weight in carbs and cheese, and marathoning Schitt’s Creek (so good!) I managed a little productivity: I redesigned the blog, updated the flower shop’s website, and started brainstorming and setting goals for the new year. Today I’m feeling really grateful for the rejuvenating break and loving that I still have 3 days of staycation time! (C and I had to check our calendar this morning to figure out what day it is, which is how you know you’re doing time off right.)
• Last week, I finished Liane Moriarty’s Nine Perfect Strangers (her books are always satisfying binge-reads if you’re looking for something entertaining to dive into) and Unsheltered by Barbara Kingsolver is next up in my stack.
• These leather ballet flats (on sale now for under $35!) in wear-with-everything cognac leather have been my go-to for the work week; they have a cushioned footbed and breathable lining that make them super comfortable during long days on my feet at the flower shop. I like them so much I think I may buy a backup pair while they’re on sale; I also have my eye on the calf hair leopard version.
• I always enjoy Anna’s annual top beauty roundup (I’m never disappointed by her recommendations) and I’m looking forward to watching her 2018 Makeup Favorites video later this afternoon with a cup of tea and a notepad to write down all of her picks for my next shopping trip.
• Here’s something I never thought I’d say: I have a crush on fanny packs. I bought the Hobo ‘Twig’ belt bag in whisky leather and it’s the ideal hands-free bag for running around on weekends. It fits my iPhone, a lip product, cards/ID and cash; everything I need on the go.
• Kat shared 30 things she learned at 30, and it’s full of great insight and tips for women of any age.
• Make Up For Ever Artist Rouge Lipstick in C107 ‘Mocha Beige’ is my new favorite everyday nude; the warm brown shade has a peachy undertone that warms up my skin and works really well with my light, golden-undertone complexion. I swipe a little on, pat it out with a fingertip for a soft/diffused finish, and then line my lips with a coordinating liner for subtle definition; I like the MUFE Artist Color Pencil in 602 ‘Completely Sepia’ or the wallet-friendly NYX slim liner in ‘Natural’.
• Manrepeller’s list of bad holiday gifts will make you lol (and cringe).
• I was so happy to see Terra return to blogging this year, and she totally crushed her comeback. You can read her best posts of 2018 from her beautiful blog, Love Nothing More, here.
• Overnight biscuit cinnamon rolls?! Yes, please!