Good morning! I’m kicking off the week with a new collection of the latest links I love from around the web, but I’m freshening up my reader-favorite This + That series by: 1.) moving it to Monday mornings, and 2.) adding the photos, Instagrams and videos that inspire me each week instead of just throwing a long list of links at you. It’s partly inspired by ‘Leslie’s Lists’ on Cupcakes and Cashmere — I love the way she starts each week with a roundup of things to do, try and eat; I always find something great in her recommendations — as well as Grace’s ‘Weekend Reading’ on The Stripe. I’m excited to better showcase my favorite content creators to help you find new bloggers and vloggers to follow, as well as share the all the style, beauty and binge-worthy stuff I just can’t get enough of.
It also gives me all day Sunday to introvert and lazily browse the Internet, catch up on my blog reader, build my dream online shopping carts and kill some time on Pinterest (between doing chores, re-watching my favorite 90s sitcoms and venturing out of the house for food and iced tea).
Fresh Spring Style
• My Style Vita rounded up a swoon-worthy list of spring bags under $100. This Sam Edelman acrylic beaded bag is my favorite on the list; it feels like a grownup version of something I would carry as a kid in the 90s.
• Everlane has a new cotton-linen blazer for spring and summer in an oversized throwback cut, and it’s officially on my wardrobe wishlist. I love the way Kate styled hers with a vintage jean and modern white pumps. (The Fancy Pants Report)
• I wore my suede Calvin Klein mules to death last summer, and I’d like to replace them with a fresh pair of their new style in buttery nude leather.
• I’m currently craving a suede moto jacket in a light spring shade, like this lavender one from BlankNYC, inspired by the ever-effortless Anna. (See Anna Jane)
• Cuyana released their circle cross body bag in a summery mango shade, and it would add a fun pop of color to a basic spring outfit. (If you love quality basics that will live in your wardrobe for years, 10/10 recommend Cuyana.)
• Kendi makes a pair of soft $19 loungewear joggers from Target look Sunday chic with a denim jacket, and you better believe I’m grabbing a pair on my next Target trip. (Kendi Everyday)
• I brought out my budget-friendly rattan circle bag from Amazon for the season, and it’s already racking up kind compliments when I wear it.
• I’m forever inspired by Anna’s capsule wardrobe, and I always enjoy her seasonal planning videos where she shares her inspiration and wardrobe shopping lists. (The Anna Edit)
• It was time to refresh my stash of white wash cloths for my skin care routine, so I ordered these ‘luxury’ bamboo facial wash cloths from Amazon and I love them; they’re super soft and gentle and antimicrobial to keep germs and bacteria off your skin.
• Speaking of skin care and makeup removal, Drunk Elephant just released a cleansing balm and I can’t wait to get my hands on it. I’m *this* close to finishing my bottle of Tatcha cleansing oil, and as soon as its done I’m ordering the DE Slaai Makeup-Melting Butter Cleanser.
• Nikki DeRoest is one of my favorite makeup artists to follow on Instagram. She just released a line of creamy, shimmery eye shadows and I want ’em all.
• I bought the Violette Fr x Estee Lauder ‘Blue Dahlia’ palette in January with big plans to get wild with colorful makeup this spring, but I’ve yet to dip into the bright blue shades. I stumbled on this video of Mariah Leonard playing with the palette for a beautiful blue eye look, and now I’m gonna do it! (Her YouTube channel is in my top 5.)
Home Sweet Home
• I love petite desks tucked away in corners for quiet, creative workspaces; my mom always made sure I had a little desk of my own to write through the years — with my own typewriter when I was in elementary school! — and now I have one in front of a big window in the cozy spot where I take my Style Files photos where I like to blog and work from home. So I thoroughly enjoyed scrolling through this collection of petite desks in pretty spaces on Sf Girl. (I found a similar pink and gold desk chair at Target.)
• Artificial plants are making a comeback in 2019, and while I’m Team Live Plants in our home, there are great options out there if you don’t want the maintenance and responsibility (although I promise it’s worth it, and there are several low-maintenance plants that are totally easy to keep alive and happy.) Camille Styles rounded up 10 of the most ‘real-looking’ faux houseplants on the Internet — these aren’t your grandma’s plastic plants — and not gonna lie, I kinda like this West Elm hanging monstera…
Can’t Stop Watching…
• If you went to middle school in the late 90s/early aughts and haven’t jumped into PEN15 on Hulu yet, what are you waiting for? Two best friends created it based on their seventh-grade selves, and it’s awkward and cringe-inducing and hilarious, just like adolescence.
• C and I are really into Good Girls on NBC and the new season has us on the edge of our seats. We’re so spoiled with binging shows on Netflix and Hulu, so it’s kind of fun to have to wait for a new episode to drop each week. (Also, the soundtrack on Apple Music? So good.)