Hey, what’s up, hello! I didn’t mean to take a three-week break from updating the blog; before this little hiatus, I started to get into the groove of a regular posting schedule. But at the beginning of the month, one of our flower shop family birdies left the nest to pursue her photography business full-time — we miss you, Summer! — and I’m picking up her daily duties around the shop until our slow season ends and we find someone to fill her position. Between longer work days and enjoying sweet summertime with family and friends (and watching Love Island) I haven’t had much time to sit down and write.
So let’s catch up, and chat about what I bookmarked, read, watched and loved while I was out!
• This Cuyana mini circle belt bag is the real MVP of my summer weekends. From farmers markets to shopping trips and evenings out, it’s so nice to carry the essentials (phone, wallet, car key, and lipstick) and be hands-free.
• I recently rediscovered my love for my ASOS Farleigh ‘mom jeans’ and find them to be the perfect high-waisted complement to a summery top and chunky-heel sandals. Plus, they’re great quality at just $51 a pair; I may order the dark wash for fall.
• Wide-leg jeans are making a comeback, and sadly, I didn’t save my JNCOs from middle school (unlike my friend, Lauren, who trotted hers out at recent girls’ night to my enthused cheering). These $30 high-rise wide ankle jeans are hanging out in my cart at H&M… should I pull the trigger?
• Man Repeller’s mail guy is so cool, he’ll make you wish you had a work uniform to customize.
• Planning a summer vacay with the squad? Consider showing up to the beach/pool in a personalized swimsuit covered in your BFF’s face. *lol*
• These carrot ginger turmeric smoothies are a delicious morning boost packed with vitamin C and antioxidants. Even C, who usually turns up his nose at my blender concoctions, polishes off a whole glass.
• Shelbey Wilson’s YouTube channel is full of amazing makeup tips, and I picked up a few good tricks from her video, ‘How to Create Naturally Larger Features’.
• A ‘millennial therapist’ shares the #1 complaint this generation brings up in therapy. Her insight may surprise you.
• The Cut always delivers on their long form pieces; this one about an elite Brooklyn preschool reads like a real-life Big Little Lies (but without the murder).
• Speaking of The Cut, last year I was fascinated by this piece on Anna Delvey, a New York socialite who turned out to be a fake heiress that scammed her friends (and financial institutions) out of lots of money to fund her lavish lifestyle. When I heard a memoir dropped last week — thanks Bad On Paper podcast! — I couldn’t wait to read it; I downloaded My Friend Anna on Audible and binged it in two days.
• I picked up the multitasking rms beauty Lip2Cheek color in ‘spell’ after watching @makeupbyblake use it in an Instagram tutorial, and it’s so lovely. The dusty rose mauve is unlike anything I have in my collection, and while it’s a bit too cool-toned to be flattering on my lips, I love it as a blush. It has a coconut oil base, so it’s a unique gel texture that’s easy to apply on-the-go with fingers; I keep mine stashed in my handbag.
• If you want to try a budget-friendly cream blush, I picked up a couple of the FLOWER Beauty Blush Bomb Color Drops on BOGO at Ulta last week. I’ll try them out and let you guys know the scoop in an upcoming post.
• It Cosmetics ‘Your Skin But Better’ CC+ Cream is a weekday staple in my morning routine (read my full review here). QVC has a special that I couldn’t resist: 2 tubes of product + a their Heavenly Luxe Bye Bye Foundation Brush for $55. It’s a $126 value if purchased separately!