This + That: Cozy Cardigans, Cashmere Bras and 12 Ways To Cook A Sweet Potato
September is always a tease in Florida: it’s still technically summer (and 90+ degrees) but we’re so ready to start celebrating fall. We pin all the autumn recipes, light our spicy fall candles, and decorate our homes for the season. We opt for pumpkin cold brew over hot PSLs, and know it will be a while before we have our turn with sweaters and boots. I’m in ‘seasonal transition’ mode at the flower shop and at home, and picking up fresh fall basics for my wardrobe that will work now and later.
This week’s roundup highlights those transitional style staples, as well as helpful links from some of my favorite sites and a few of the recipes I bookmarked (including one for dark chocolate PB&J peanut butter cups that’s on my weekend to-do list).
• Every fall/winter, I buy one or cushy cardigan sweaters and wear them to death through the season, tossing them over tees and camisoles with jeans as an easy workday uniform. I just ordered this cropped textured cotton cardigan from And Other Stories; I sized up for a laid-back fit with maximum comfort and coziness.
• Speaking of jeans, I’m calling it: I’m going to live in my wedgie jeans this fall. I recommend sizing up if you’re curvy; they have a straight fit through the hips and waist, and they’re 99% cotton so they don’t have much stretch.
• This zippered satchel in forest green leather is the latest addition to my Cuyana wish list.
• Katie Holmes has the wardrobe (and effortless style) of my dreams. Man Repeller paid well-deserved homage to her viral modern cashmere twinset — an oversized cardigan + matching peek-a-boo knit bra — here, and it’s so, so good. I’ve been going through my life blissfully unaware of $520 cashmere bras, and now I don’t want to live without one. Ha!
• I’d love to post more Instagram stories, but I honestly just don’t know where to start. Cupcakes & Cashmere shared 6 helpful Instagram tips that make the process seem doable instead of daunting. (Emily’s stories are always fun, informative and engaging!)
• Do you need a scalp detox?
• Ruth shared the best basic skin care routine for beginners.
• 4 ways to embrace rest in a culture that glorifies staying busy, via Wit & Delight.
• That Grace Girl has you literally ‘covered’ with the best concealers for hiding everything; from dark circles to acne scars.
• Guyyys, how amazing do these chocolate PB&J cups from How Sweet Eats look?
• Instacart is my new weekend bestie. Every Sunday, I inventory the fridge and pantry, plan our meals for the week, make a grocery list, and order everything on Instacart for delivery. Since I work at the flower shop six days a week, it’s nice to take a trip to the grocery store off my Sunday to-do list.
• Bookmarking ‘12 Incredibly Delicious Ways To Eat Sweet Potatoes This Season‘ from Camille Styles.