so long sweet summer!

American Eagle dress | a.n.a. safari vest (c/o jcpenney) | Hanes tank | TOMS classic slip-on in bottle green (m.marie boutique) | Stella & Dot starfish earrings | Kate Landry bag (gifted from Mom)

Fall is just around the corner, and I can’t wait to welcome it with sweater-encased open arms! But we’re not there yet, so I’m trying to fill that weird season transition by fall-ifying my summer pieces. What’s fall-ifying, you ask? Just piling a few lightweight layers over and under those strappy little sundresses and tossing all of your junk into a darker bag.

1. Julie wrote:

I’m never ready to admit summer is coming to an end so I’m always looking for ways to get extended wear out of my summer pieces. “Fall-ifying” them with a black handbag is a great tip!

Posted 9.20.11 Reply
  2. Candy wrote:

ultra cute green toms!

Posted 9.15.11 Reply
  3. Allie wrote:

I have that same dress in a reddish/pink color and neglected to wear it all spring and summer. Thanks for reminding me of it, I might just try to “fallify” it myself!

4. Kayley wrote:

your hair looks awesome! you’re like the cutest thing ever.

5. jackie wrote:

ha that’s the perfect word. and exactly what i do. if i had more money, i’d buy transition pieces, but for now, it’s all about the cardis, boots, and darker bags.

6. Michelle wrote:

Cute! I love your outfit.

7. Jenn wrote:

I love this fall-ified look. So glad someone finally conined a word for dressing during the hybrid-season. ;)

8. ehb9217 wrote:

I don’t know what the weather is like in Winter Park, but in Sarasota it is H-O-T with no chance of cooling down anytime soon! I’d kill to wear layers without melting…you look great! :-)

Posted 9.14.11 Reply
    • Oh, it’s hot as Hades here, too! Lightweight layers and ice cold A/C is key to pulling off this look right now ;-)

9. Tatiana wrote:

What an adorable dress!!! And the Toms? Love that color! I want some!!
    Also, I thought you should know that you look like Nicole Kidman in the first picture here… pretty!!
    xoxo

Posted 9.14.11 Reply
    • Tatiana, you are my new best friend. Thank you! ;-)

10. Sage wrote:

Aw, say it isn’t so! Summer went by way too fast. :( I’ve already had to start fall-ifying my outfits. I love your green TOMS–super cute!

11. Stefanie wrote:

I adore the colour of your TOMS! I’m super jealous that you can still get away with bare legs. I have been wearing tights for weeks :-(

Posted 9.14.11 Reply
    • Stefanie, I would LOVE to trade and get to wear tights for a while! The grass is always greener…

12. soanthro wrote:

Ooh your TOMS are so adorable- the perfect transition into fall shoes!

13. Laura Go wrote:

That is an adorable dress! Fall is definitely here in IL, and I can’t be happier :)

Posted 9.14.11 Reply
  14. Love the new term, I totally got it! Great transitional outfit, love the comfy shoes!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

Posted 9.13.11 Reply
  15. Robin wrote:

I just got a vest like this and I am so excited! I’ve already worn it twice in one week which is a lot for me! I love it paired with the floral sundress. Great fall-ifying!

Posted 9.13.11 Reply
  16. Hannah wrote:

I believe I’ve said this before, but I just love that vest! I finally cracked (due to your influence, no doubt) and ordered a tan one last night. I’m super excited to style it :D

Oh, and don’t get too jealous; temp is back in the 80s in Boston. Boooo.

Posted 9.13.11 Reply
  17. Andrea wrote:

I have that same vest (worn it TO DEATH this summer) and the same AE dress but in the pink color that I haven’t figured out how to style casually. Hopefully we’ll have at least one more nice weather day so I can try pairing them like you did! Thanks for being inspirational as usual ;)

Posted 9.13.11 Reply
    • It takes a concerted effort not to throw this thing over every single outfit. Old Navy has a really cute one in tan, and I’m thinking about scooping it up for fall!

Posted 9.14.11 Reply
  18. I love it! That dress is wonderful, and I really like it paired with vest! I still need to transfer to another purse…thanks for the reminder! Hehe

Posted 9.13.11 Reply
  19. Ashley wrote:

I just love everything you post. Your outfits always looks so great!

Posted 9.13.11 Reply

@keiralennox

• Our blooming crepe myrtle + pink sunset skies. 💕
She was just a little baby tree when we planted her by our front window 13 summers ago, and now she’s as tall as the roof! #crepemyrtle #ihavethisthingwithpink #acolorstory #summernights
  • To file under Unexpected Wardrobe Staples: a snake print duster; I found this one at @topbuttons last month and put it in my #30x30remix as a wildcard. I wore it for the first time yesterday, and now I’m totally on-board the kimono/duster/light-and-easy-layering-layering-piece train! #ootd #instastyle #whatiwore #shoplocal
  • Hey, girl! 👋🏻 We have a handful of these hand-painted face vases available at @lasaterflowers that are perfect for fresh flowers, succulents, or even a catch-all bowl for keys and hair ties. (We all have one of those somewhere in our home; it may as well be cute. 😉) #floraldesign #shopsmall #summerblooms #flashesofdelight
  • I jumped on board with @kendieveryday’s #30x30remix! For the next month, I’ll mix-and-match 30 pieces from my wardrobe into 30 weekday outfits and share them in weekly roundups on the blog.

My first week of remixed outfits + my thoughts on the challenge are in today’s post at keiralennox.com. 👖
#capsulewardrobe #instastyle #ootd
  • Back to work after a relaxing weekend! But with *zero* tan to show for it; I’m never not fully-shaded and SPF’ed, wearing a giant sun hat and some kind of mumu situation on a beach.
☀️😂 👵🏼