so long sweet summer!

09/13/2011 25 Comments

so long sweet summer!

09/13/2011 25 Comments

American Eagle dress | a.n.a. safari vest (c/o jcpenney) | Hanes tank | TOMS classic slip-on in bottle green (m.marie boutique) | Stella & Dot starfish earrings | Kate Landry bag (gifted from Mom)

Fall is just around the corner, and I can’t wait to welcome it with sweater-encased open arms! But we’re not there yet, so I’m trying to fill that weird season transition by fall-ifying my summer pieces. What’s fall-ifying, you ask? Just piling a few lightweight layers over and under those strappy little sundresses and tossing all of your junk into a darker bag.

• Julie 09/20/2011 at 4:13 pm

I’m never ready to admit summer is coming to an end so I’m always looking for ways to get extended wear out of my summer pieces. “Fall-ifying” them with a black handbag is a great tip!

• […] but I couldn’t find my size online or in stores. I waited and found one at JC Penney (through A Pretty Penny). JCP is sometimes […]

• Candy 09/15/2011 at 7:34 am

ultra cute green toms!

• Allie 09/14/2011 at 11:24 pm

I have that same dress in a reddish/pink color and neglected to wear it all spring and summer. Thanks for reminding me of it, I might just try to “fallify” it myself!

• Kayley 09/14/2011 at 7:50 pm

your hair looks awesome! you’re like the cutest thing ever.

• jackie 09/14/2011 at 5:57 pm

ha that’s the perfect word. and exactly what i do. if i had more money, i’d buy transition pieces, but for now, it’s all about the cardis, boots, and darker bags.

• Michelle 09/14/2011 at 3:19 pm

Cute! I love your outfit.

• Jenn 09/14/2011 at 3:10 pm

I love this fall-ified look. So glad someone finally conined a word for dressing during the hybrid-season. ;)

• ehb9217 09/14/2011 at 1:55 pm

I don’t know what the weather is like in Winter Park, but in Sarasota it is H-O-T with no chance of cooling down anytime soon! I’d kill to wear layers without melting…you look great! :-)

• keiralennox 09/14/2011 at 3:29 pm

Oh, it’s hot as Hades here, too! Lightweight layers and ice cold A/C is key to pulling off this look right now ;-)

• Tatiana 09/14/2011 at 1:44 pm

What an adorable dress!!! And the Toms? Love that color! I want some!!
    Also, I thought you should know that you look like Nicole Kidman in the first picture here… pretty!!
    xoxo

• keiralennox 09/14/2011 at 3:29 pm

Tatiana, you are my new best friend. Thank you! ;-)

• Sage 09/14/2011 at 12:29 pm

Aw, say it isn’t so! Summer went by way too fast. :( I’ve already had to start fall-ifying my outfits. I love your green TOMS–super cute!

• Stefanie 09/14/2011 at 12:17 pm

I adore the colour of your TOMS! I’m super jealous that you can still get away with bare legs. I have been wearing tights for weeks :-(

• keiralennox 09/14/2011 at 3:30 pm

Stefanie, I would LOVE to trade and get to wear tights for a while! The grass is always greener…

• soanthro 09/14/2011 at 11:58 am

Ooh your TOMS are so adorable- the perfect transition into fall shoes!

• Laura Go 09/14/2011 at 11:22 am

That is an adorable dress! Fall is definitely here in IL, and I can’t be happier :)

• Cecilia Oviedo 09/13/2011 at 11:14 pm

Love the new term, I totally got it! Great transitional outfit, love the comfy shoes!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

• Robin 09/13/2011 at 10:08 pm

I just got a vest like this and I am so excited! I’ve already worn it twice in one week which is a lot for me! I love it paired with the floral sundress. Great fall-ifying!

• Hannah 09/13/2011 at 8:39 pm

I believe I’ve said this before, but I just love that vest! I finally cracked (due to your influence, no doubt) and ordered a tan one last night. I’m super excited to style it :D

Oh, and don’t get too jealous; temp is back in the 80s in Boston. Boooo.

• Andrea 09/13/2011 at 8:27 pm

I have that same vest (worn it TO DEATH this summer) and the same AE dress but in the pink color that I haven’t figured out how to style casually. Hopefully we’ll have at least one more nice weather day so I can try pairing them like you did! Thanks for being inspirational as usual ;)

• keiralennox 09/14/2011 at 3:31 pm

It takes a concerted effort not to throw this thing over every single outfit. Old Navy has a really cute one in tan, and I’m thinking about scooping it up for fall!

• Cheryl parker 09/13/2011 at 8:07 pm

I love it! That dress is wonderful, and I really like it paired with vest! I still need to transfer to another purse…thanks for the reminder! Hehe

• Ashley 09/13/2011 at 7:58 pm

I just love everything you post. Your outfits always looks so great!