half and half

02/20/2012 16 Comments

half and half

02/20/2012 16 Comments
Old Navy v-neck cable sweater | striped tee picked off a clearance rack somewhere | LC Lauren Conrad yellow cut-off shorts (Kohl’s clearance, $13) | TOMS ballet flats (m.marie) | Olsenboye foldover tote c/o jcpenney | watch c/oKenneth Cole | nail color: Essie in Sand Tropez

Today’s look is cool early spring on top, warm summer on bottom. It’s been awfully windy the last few days, requiring a little extra cover to ward off the chill. Like a mini-hurricane, but without the rain and projectiles.

Unless you count flying food… Yesterday Chad and went to our favorite little burrito place for lunch and thought we’d take advantage of the gorgeous afternoon and dine al fresco. By the end of lunch, half our tortilla chips blew away and Chad’s Landshark nearly capsized twice.

While we’re on the subject of halves, here’s a useless random Keira fact for your Monday: I live on half-and-half iced tea. Half sweet, half unsweet, extra ice. All day, every day. It was my pacifier when I quit my Diet Coke habit, and has since spiraled into an addiction all its own. I love it so much I’m naming blog posts after it. {help.}

• […] moisturizer and crazy lady up-do (which is looking way crazier in that top photo; thanks a million windy weather) and a frantically pulled ensemble of skinnies and a button-down. Original. My new coral patent […]

• chill air & perfume (@chill_air) 02/21/2012 at 5:31 pm

I am so in love with those shorts, girl! I love fun colored denim, whether in pant or short form, and the mustard color is fabulous.

xo,
    Hannah

• Jenn 02/21/2012 at 11:28 am

I guess I’m late to the party, but TOM’S makes ballet flats? Swoon! Loving the shorts, too. Thanks for sharing your blog!

• Amy 02/20/2012 at 8:30 pm

I have that same sweater in mint green.

• Tündéri Lonka 02/20/2012 at 3:02 pm

in hungary the the weather is cold and frosty, so i would be where you are. :)

• Tori Thompson 02/20/2012 at 12:31 pm

I am so jealous that you have a pair of those TOMS! I saw them in a magazine last month and I want a pair so much!! Too cute though!

• Diana 02/20/2012 at 12:24 pm

Great minds think alike…I posted a very similar color combo today!!! Check it out http://cityandburbsblog.com/2012/02/20/happy-presidents-day/

xx,
    Di

• Terri 02/20/2012 at 12:09 pm

I had no idea half-and-half iced tea was a thing!

• Kate 02/20/2012 at 11:56 am

Love the Toms! been stalking the new ballet flats online – does the sizing run true to size??

• keiralennox 02/20/2012 at 12:10 pm

They’re pretty true to size! I wear a 6.5 and that’s the size I bought. Don’t panic, because they’re going to feel a little tight and stiff when you first wear them. But they stretch out to perfection :)

• wellcrafted 02/20/2012 at 11:49 am

I’ve always loved shorts and sweaters. I like the colors here too–cute!

• rhiannon 02/20/2012 at 11:40 am

you look super adorable, i love those shorts!

• shannon 02/20/2012 at 11:38 am

Very cute casual look. I love the stripes peeking out and the shorts are such a fantastic color.

• cessoviedo 02/20/2012 at 11:35 am

what a lovely and fun combo!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

• soanthro 02/20/2012 at 11:15 am

Ah I lovee mixing sweaters and shorts, half and half is my favorite :) And LOVE your Toms, so adorable!!

• the city wife 02/20/2012 at 11:04 am

I love these kinds of outfits! And I LOVE half-and-half tea! Drink on, girl :)