Sunday Best

A Pretty Penny | Sunday Best
{ LOFT sweater; Joe’s jeans cut into shorts; Cynthia Vincent snakeskin flats; Lauren Merkin bag }

Last Sunday, the spring cleaning bug bit C; he came home from the gym with my father-in-law’s pressure washer and big plans to clean the exterior of the house. While he busied himself blasting the mildew from our stucco, I threw on my old Sunday standbys headed out for some errands and shopping.

My spring weekend uniform is typically some simple variation of this: cut-offs (I made these from a pair of extra-long Joe’s I found at the Goodwill for a 10-spot) with flats, a comfy top, and a hat. For now, I’m wearing my cozy sweaters as much as I can, until the summer heat makes it impossible.

When I made my way back to our freshly washed house that afternoon, I threw a big salad together with chicken, bleu cheese and fresh Florida strawberries. Later, I swapped the sweater for a t-shirt and spent some quiet time poolside to soak up the extra hour of sunshine.

Since Sunday is our only full day off during the week, we always try to make the most of it; a successful one is equally productive and lazy with lots of good food and a good dose of quality time together.

Last weekend we nailed it.

1. it looks so nice on you! and you have such a dazzling smile!

Posted 3.13.14 Reply
  2. Brittany wrote:

You are darling. This look is so cute, comfy, easy, and fun!

Posted 3.12.14 Reply
  3. wonderful post, nice smiles
    http:// lindaglam.blogs.elle.es(living in the closet)

Posted 3.12.14 Reply
  4. keishacj wrote:

Great Post!

Posted 3.12.14 Reply
  5. Hello! I have nominated you for the Liebster award! Please don’t take offense if you have more than 200 followers, I just searched through blogs I liked (: To learn more about this award just click on my blog. I hope you’ll take the time to participate and join the fun…thanks xo <3

Posted 3.11.14 Reply
  6. meganarz wrote:

This photo is totally adorable

Posted 3.11.14 Reply
  7. Such a smart idea with DIY cut-offs, I’ve attempted a few pairs from thrift stores myself!

Posted 3.11.14 Reply
  8. brittney wrote:

Adorable and so true. It’s all about balance, amiright?

Posted 3.11.14 Reply
  9. Love the hat!! Super cute outfit for a warm, lazy Sunday.

Posted 3.11.14 Reply
  10. Love it
    Xx
    Tali

Posted 3.11.14 Reply
  11. Love the look. Seems comfy!

Tyler
    onelittleblackdress.com

Posted 3.11.14 Reply
  12. Great casual outfit! I’m loving floppy hats for the spring and summer.

Posted 3.11.14 Reply
  13. saraspunza wrote:

The outfit is gorgeous and what a great way to spend the day. I haven’t had breakfast yet and that salad is making me very hungry…

Posted 3.11.14 Reply
  14. Amy wrote:

glad you had a nice weekend

Posted 3.11.14 Reply

@keiralennox

• The only thing that would’ve made this @bonappetitmag ‘white pesto pasta’ better is if @lallimusic was in my kitchen when I made it. (I re-watched her video as I prepped, which was the next best thing.) Guys, I cannot overstate the seriousness of my obsession with the @bonappetitmag YouTube channel. Most of my bookmarks on my phone are videos of recipes I want to try, and I’m slowly making my way through ‘em; kind of like ‘Julie & Julia’ but with fewer live lobsters and a little less butter.
#pastagram #bonappetit #carbcoma
  • Spotted this pretty blooming bush on our evening walk through the neighborhood.
Doak got a little *too* close to the smell the flowers. 🤣
  • In today’s edition of #sundaybaking, I took on @bonappetitmag’s ‘best chocolate chip cookies’. I watched the video first — if you’re not following the @bonappetitmag YouTube channel, get on it! — then used the recipe from BA’s website to guide me through it.
Crispy edges + a chewy center + brown butter + giant chunks of 70% dark chocolate = a pretty perfect cookie. 🍪
@moroccochris - I salute you.
#chocolatechipcookies #bonappetit
  • Clearance vase jackpot at @pier1 this weekend. There are so many great colors and textures in all shapes and sizes from $10-30 with an extra 25% off. ⁣
This was the ultimate test of self-control for me...⁣
I bought 5.
  • Saturday errand style f/ two #styleonabudget favorites from last summer that are still going strong: this gingham ruffle cami I found on a clearance rack at @target + a rattan circle bag I bought for around $25 on @amazon.
I’m killing the cost-per-wear game with these two. 😏 #whatiwore #ootd #summerstyle #stylefiles
  • 🍑