Manicure Monday: My All-Time Favorite Neutral Nail Colors

My childhood Caboodle is stocked with Essie nail lacquers in every shade of the rainbow,  but these days all I want to wear are easy neutrals. They’re like the t-shirt and jeans of nail color: classic, comfortable, and er, polished (pardon the pun).

Annnnnd, if I’m being honest, part of me feels like my neon nail polish ship may have sailed when I crossed over the big 3-0; right alongside denim mini skirts, super low-rise jeans, and crop tops.

{Hover over images for links to each color; sources available on my Pinterest board, Nailed It.}

1. Hi Keira! What did you use to create the photo compilation for this post? Looks great – and the colours are bang on.

Posted 2.18.15 Reply
  2. Reem Jazar wrote:

Obessed with all these nail colours! SO stylish.
    xReem https://theundonegirl.wordpress.com

Posted 1.20.15 Reply
  3. Reblogged this on pratishtha687's Blog and commented:
    Neutrals are always classy and can never go over the top….. And minimalism is the moment…

Posted 1.20.15 Reply
  4. bhart2015 wrote:

Love the colors! They are normal and easy on the eyes! OPI seems to be THE polish of choice.

Posted 1.14.15 Reply
    • OPI and Essie are my favorites! They hold up the best for me at my manicure-wrecking job.

Posted 1.14.15 Reply
  5. lindsaybb wrote:

Yes, I love all of these! Lincoln Park After Dark is probably my favorite, I wore it for years! I also love You Don’t Know Jacques!

Posted 12.30.14 Reply
  6. lion20two wrote:

love :)

Posted 12.22.14 Reply
  7. brianatrev wrote:

Love the manicures! Very great & classic colors!

Posted 12.21.14 Reply
  8. miafshaw wrote:

Reblogged this on miafshaw and commented:
    My favourite OPI Funny Bunny

Posted 12.20.14 Reply
  9. diybyamy wrote:

Absolutely love ballet slippers! It’s my go to for a nice baby pink. But I’ve been looking for a really nice black nail polish so i’ll definitely have to try this one!

Posted 12.19.14 Reply
  10. Mk wrote:

So elegant yet simple, love them

Posted 12.19.14 Reply
  11. OPI’s bubble bath would really bring out a tan (I’m thinking ahead ha!) and looks so pretty. I was thinking the same about neon colours but then I saw a deep neon green by China Glaze and thought “Nah, sod it I’m so buying this!” i think it can make a statement if you are wearing black or grey.

Posted 12.18.14 Reply
  12. Love the colours! So gorgeous x

Posted 12.17.14 Reply
  13. Erin E. wrote:

I have a hard time justifying the work of a manicure for something as sheer as the Ballet Slippers color, but I ADORE the khaki and grey colors! I’m still all about the neon in summer though #noshame :)

Posted 12.16.14 Reply
    • Here’s a secret on ballet slippers: use the Butter London nail foundation and it gives you a good streak-free base to layer on the color evenly. Also, you can’t really tell when it chips. 👍

Posted 12.18.14 Reply
      • Erin E. wrote:

Right now I have the Essie base and it definitely makes a difference compared to using nothing at all, but I haven’t investigated the Butter London base yet. Thanks for the tip!

Posted 12.19.14 Reply
  14. Lincoln Park After Dark is WHERE IT’S AT! :-)

Posted 12.16.14 Reply
  15. B. A. wrote:

OPI Bubble Bath is perfect!!!

Posted 12.16.14 Reply
  16. I absolutely love neutrals :) feel free to drop by my blog http://www.glamhipsterdiaries.wordpress.com (fashion & poetry) x

Posted 12.16.14 Reply
  17. annaethain wrote:

I love all the OPI colours – such a good range :)

18. Asa wrote:

I love the Orly Country Club Khaki color. So chic!

19. Sarah wrote:

Neutrals are definitely easy to wear no matter the occasion!

20. Mel wrote:
    Posted 12.15.14 Reply
  21. These are awesome! Basically, for my job I have to wear a neutral color (or go without a mani). I’m going to have to track some of these shades down!

22. asallows wrote:

Neutrals are the best. They go with everything, and are so classic!

Posted 12.15.14 Reply
  23. This is awesome! I love neutrals now I can pick the perfect one! Thanks!

24. Reblogged this on PURIFICACIÓN RAMOS and commented:
    Las perfectas uñas de Invierno.

25. loving the light pink

26. Love the neutrals!

27. Reblogged this on Red Lips and Heels and commented:
    So much LOVE for these choices! #ManiMonday

Posted 12.15.14 Reply
  28. Which is the most long-lasting for you?

Posted 12.15.14 Reply
    • I’ve found that any time I use the Butter London Nail Foundation (either alone or as a base coat) my manicures last the longest. I’m really rough on my nails in my job, but I can usually get a solid 7 days out of a manicure when I use it.

Posted 12.15.14 Reply
      • uao 7 days, it would be a miracle on me:) thank you I’ll check where to buy it in Rome or online

29. love all of them…

30. rhiannon wrote:

gorgeous shades!

Posted 12.15.14 Reply
  31. Love the neutral colors because when they chip, you can’t tell!

Posted 12.15.14 Reply
  32. Such beautiful colours! I recently got a really beautiful pink as well – Its Essie Eternal Optimist – a lot like Ballet Slippers but darker! Can’t wait to try one of these colours though!

viewfromaboveandbelow.wordpress.com

Posted 12.15.14 Reply
    • That’s one of my favorites, too! I was *this* close to adding it to the list, but I couldn’t find an image on Pinterest that did the color justice. It’s a great neutral.

Posted 12.15.14 Reply
  33. Ha, I owned ballet Slippers too. I used to be obsessed with that color. http://fairygodmotherbeautyblog.com/

34. Perfect! Look gorgeous. Cheers. Mojisola

@keiralennox

• We love a 5:30pm cocktail date so we can be home on the couch watching ‘Stranger Things’ by 7:00. 👵🏼👴🏻 #turnup #friyay #kindachill
  • Fiddle game strong at @nplus1coffee! Look how happy this lady is in her little spot of sunshine. ☺️☀️ #shoplocal #urbanjungle #crazyplantpeople #fiddleleaffig
  • Regram from @lasaterflowers :: The prettiest pile of ‘Quicksand’ roses from a wedding a few weeks ago. They’re a favorite around here. 💕
  • Some days I have my sh*t together; some days I have to get ready to go out to dinner on my office floor with a mirror propped against the wall.
  • Can’t make a downtown Bartow delivery without popping into @rafanatural’s beautiful shop to restock my coconut bar soap stash; ‘Relaxation’ for me, ‘Sandalwood’ for the husband. 🛁 #shopsmall #shoplocal #rafanatural
  • #mondaymotivation courtesy of this neighborhood truck on our morning walk. 😉