10 Beauty Products I ALWAYS Restock

01/06/2015 23 Comments

10 Beauty Products I ALWAYS Restock

01/06/2015 23 Comments

I love experimenting with skincare and makeup, but in the last several years, I’ve really made an effort to simplify my beauty stash and reduce/eliminate chemicals and toxins from the products I use every day. For more information about cosmetic safety and what scary ingredients may be lurking in your favorite products, check out the EWG Skin Deep database.

While I switch products through the seasons and can’t resist the occasional Sephora spree to try new brands and formulations, there’s a [growing] list of beauty products I use all year and always restock when they run low.

Keep reading for 10 products I can’t live without!

SKIN CARE:

Alba Botanica Good & Clean Toxin Release Scrub – this natural drugstore scrub is gentle enough to use on sensitive every day. I keep it in the shower, and use it to exfoliate once or twice a week.

Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré – one of my girlfriends is a professional makeup artist, and she got me hooked on this stuff. It’s a simple French-pharmacy moisturizer — there are no bells, whistles, or anti-aging tricks — but my skin drinks it up and never feels greasy. It’s also a multi-tasker: use it as a makeup remover, primer, lip moisturizer, and even hair texturizer. I love the light clean scent, too.

La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Melt-In Sunscreen Milk – SPF is a year-round, everyday necessity for this Floridian. This one goes on thick but absorbs well, and provides UVA/UVB protection with antioxidants. It’s paraben-free and fragrance-free, making it perfect for everyday when you want sun protection without smelling like a pina colada.

COSMETICS:

Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara – I’ve been using this tubing mascara almost exclusively for the last three years. I just can’t say enough good things about it: it lengthens and defines lashes; it doesn’t clump, smudge, transfer to your eyelids, or flake (which is awesome if you wear contacts); and it lasts until you wash the tubes off your lashes with warm water.

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Rosé – I’m addicted to this tinted lip balm. I panic when I don’t have it with me. That’s all.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel – Anastasia is the queen of good eyebrows. I use this clear gel every day to brush my brows up and set them in place. It doesn’t flake and keeps my crazy brows in check all day. I also love the brow powder duo for defining and filling in sparse spots.

Essie Good to Go Quick Dry Top Coat – this top coat is a DIY mani/pedi game changer. It dries to chip/smudge/knick-free glassy shine in about 30 seconds and keeps polish looking fresh for almost a week.

BATH & BODY:

LAVANILA The Healthy Deodorant – I’ve tried almost every aluminum-free deodorant out there, and this is my favorite; it’s moisturizing and smells so good. While it’s not an antiperspirant and probably won’t hold up in a marathon, it’s effective for every day protection.

Dr. Teal’s Soothe & Sleep Epsom Salt Soaking Solution with Lavender – I don’t know if this is necessarily a beauty product, but it’s definitely a must-have in the Lennox house. It soothes sore muscles, relieves tension and stress, and detoxes skin. It’s the best thing ever in a hot bath at the end of a long day.

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Usage Dry OilThis. stuff. smells. so. good. I really believe in beauty oils, and this one is great for skin and hair. It moisturizes and protects with a mix of natural oils and vitamin E, and the fragrance lasts and lasts.

Image: Stamped Lips, c. 1959 by Andy Warhol

• […] this clear brow gel for the better part of a decade; it’s a holy grail product for me that I always repurchase. It invisibly holds my brows in place until I wash it off and never flakes or looks crispy. So […]

• […] Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara: One of my all-time favorites that I always restock. […]

• stylesteph 02/15/2015 at 4:41 am

Absolutely love this post! I’m just like you in the sense that I try to limit over-spending on beauty products and consistently add what could be harmful and toxic chemicals on my face ^_^ sending lots of love from Australia <3

• jordanshea5 01/20/2015 at 10:52 am

Thanks for the link to EWG! I am always looking for ways to avoid of eliminate chemicals and toxins from products I use. Great post!

• theculturedsass 01/18/2015 at 1:00 pm

Reblogged this on theculturedsass.

• Wish U.S Were Here 01/12/2015 at 12:35 am

Love it! Looks like you are a fellow bargain Hunter like myself. Oh, how I wish it were cold here right now!

• paperstoparfum 01/11/2015 at 1:40 pm

The Essie Dry Top Coat is perfection!

• frombowstoblazers 01/07/2015 at 4:49 pm

Reblogged this on MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL and commented:
    Check out these products from A Pretty Penny! Great beauty products to try.

• girlxinxthexforest 01/07/2015 at 3:52 pm

hi i just made a new account and i would love some feedback if possible :)

• View From Above and Below 01/07/2015 at 1:30 pm

I recently started using the essie quick dry top coat and it is amazing! Never had to worry about chips ever again! Love your list!

viewfromaboveandbelow.wordpress.com

• Danika Maia 01/07/2015 at 12:35 pm

K gonna head to Sephora today and restock!

• Cathy Ficek 01/07/2015 at 10:25 am

I love this post! I’ve been updating my beauty routine and this gives a great list of products.

• Mandy 01/06/2015 at 11:23 pm

I love this post and I would love to try these products! but I am on a tight budget. do you know any good dupes of the products you mentioned?

• Carolina E. 01/06/2015 at 8:03 pm

Well you did it again ,I have all these products written down and plan to try
    them .They all sound good and thanks so much for the info.

• Mel 01/06/2015 at 6:54 pm
  • girlxinxthexforest 01/06/2015 at 5:58 pm

i’ve just started have a look

• rhiannon 01/06/2015 at 3:37 pm

so many great products!

• Amy Fashion Blog 01/06/2015 at 1:22 pm

never have try any of these products before. So going to have to keep them in mind. when I want to try something new.

• izzygracefashion 01/06/2015 at 12:22 pm

Love this blog! Please check out my blog – izzygracefashion.wordpress.com I would love to have some feedback from a pro :) Izzy

• pastedreams 01/06/2015 at 11:32 am

I love this post! Got addicted to Anthelios about ten years ago and now my whole family uses it. I’ll have to check out that French moisturizer….lotions are my downfall!

• Erin E. 01/06/2015 at 10:40 am

Thank you for this post! I just moved from DC to Denver and the cold combined with the high altitude is destroying my skin. I went straight to Amazon and ordered the Embryolisse (btw, they have it for cheaper than Sephora and it’s eligible for Amazon Prime). I adore European beauty products – the EU just does a better job of protecting its consumers from harmful toxins/chemicals – and I can’t wait to give this a try!

• Mariecrz 01/06/2015 at 10:13 am

I try to check the EWG Skin Deep database also, I think the website is great. I loved reading your post!

• luckylifebeauty 01/06/2015 at 9:28 am

I absolutely LOVE Emryolisse… I thought I was the only makeup artist that used that sweet secret… The Flower Tonic from the same line is also amazing… Loved this post!