My ‘I Woke Up Like This’ Makeup Routine

04/02/2015 41 Comments

My ‘I Woke Up Like This’ Makeup Routine

04/02/2015 41 Comments

I wish I could roll out of bed and take on the day with a flawless nekkid face, but sister’s over 30 and needs a little help. ‘Fake it ’til you make it,’ right?

My current daily routine is a mashup of The Zoe Report’s ‘Brushless Makeup in Under 5 Minutes‘ and Teni Panosian’s ‘No Makeup’ Makeup Tutorial; two must-watch videos if you’re into fresh-faced everyday makeup with minimal effort.

bareMinerals Complexion Rescue: I’m almost on my second tube of this tinted moisturizing gel with SPF 30. It gives great natural coverage and lasts all day. If you’re not into the product’s dewy finish, you can matte it down with a little powder (I love Urban Decay’s Naked Skin Ultra Definition Pressed Finishing Powder).

Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes in ‘Ample Amber’: Clinique’s entire ‘Chubby Stick’ lineup is genius; it’s like makeup for dummies, and it’s awesome. I use this long-wearing eye crayon all over my lids, and along the bottom lashes. It doesn’t crease or slip, or irritate my contacts like other cream shadows I’ve tried.

Charlotte Tilbury ‘Filmstar Bronze & Glow’: This was a total splurge impulse buy during a late night of too much wine and YouTube beauty tutorials. But it was worth every penny, and is excellent for bronzing and/or contouring. I apply it like a bronzer with a fluffy brush for natural sun-kissed color, and use the highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones, down the center of my nose, on my brow bones, and in the corners of my eyes. Then I define the crease of my eyes with the bronzer and a shadow brush, blending it over the Clinique cream shadow.

Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Colour Balm in ‘Am’d Up Apple’: I swipe this naturally-flushed color over the apples of my cheeks and blend it in with my fingertips.

Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara: One of my all-time favorites that I always restock.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in ‘Dark Brown’: Quickly defining and filling in my brows makes a huge difference in making me feel put-together. It takes a little practice to get the technique right, but once you figure it out, it’s a game changer. This powder looks natural and powers through sweat, humidity, everything.

Kari Gran Lip Whip: Nine times out of ten, I forget to put on lip color until the middle of the afternoon. I dab this on my lips in the morning for a tiny bit of shiny color before I run out the door, or as moisturizing base for other products.

• Naked Manicure | A Pretty Penny 08/04/2015 at 5:11 pm

[…] already know I love a good ‘no-makeup makeup‘ routine, and my latest favorite thing is a clean and natural manicure. When my salon started stocking […]

• praisehaneul 07/09/2015 at 11:04 pm

I love the Clinique cubby stick…simply amazing

• thesouthernedge 05/12/2015 at 10:57 am

Awesome post! Definitely need to try some of these products!

• xmalaurie 05/07/2015 at 9:21 am

Hello !

I’m going to discover your blog, and I love it ! It is so cute. ♥ I would like to buy Too faced mascara, but do you recommend me that mascara ? And why, because I’ve little eyelash ! I WANT VOLUME. :)

Lot of kisses.
    xoxo

• legdayandlipstick 04/26/2015 at 3:56 pm

I love this post :) I will have a look at those youtube links too!

• mallygally 04/22/2015 at 11:57 pm

Plz

Sent from my iPhone

• christyy2010 04/13/2015 at 1:47 am

Such a great and informative review :) your making me wanna try the chubby sticks!

• errancesjuveniles 04/07/2015 at 12:03 pm

Go see my blog i’m in love with your blog 💜 errancesjuveniles.wordpress.com

• Carly's Into That 04/07/2015 at 8:57 am

love this- totally want to try everything here! maybe i’ll start with complexion rescue and some chubby sticks. :)

• thattallgirl 04/06/2015 at 12:20 pm

I’m dying to get my hands of the Filmstar Bronze and Glow! I’m not sure how much longer I’ll be able to resist it :)

• haleykatherineyow 04/06/2015 at 9:27 am

Reblogged this on Finding Joy in the Storm.

• themaddiemoore 04/04/2015 at 4:26 pm

Reblogged this on MADDIEDIDWHAT.

• Ash 04/04/2015 at 3:03 pm

Hi! I just nominated you for the Creative Bloggers Award, I hope you’ll take part! Check it out on my last post here: https://wellthisislifeincolor.wordpress.com/2015/04/04/creative-bloggers-award/

• laurenbattistini 04/03/2015 at 2:27 pm

Sister here is over 40 and appreciates the tips. I love the natural, blushed look. Thanks for sharing.

• Legal Radiance 04/03/2015 at 9:18 am

I’m obsessed with chubby sticks for my lips! What do you use for your skincare regimen? I ask bc you wanted a nekkid face!! I don’t use ANY face make up anymore (just eyes and lips) bc of Nerium. If you’re interested in trying it, here’s the product page http://nerium.com/legalradiance/Customers and I am happy to answer any questions! Let me know if you’d like to try some samples and I can mail them out to ya! :)

• sarapas4 04/03/2015 at 9:10 am

This post includes a lot of products on my ‘to try’ list :) Like the Clinique Chubby Sticks for example! I have a couple of them for the lips, but never tried the eye or cheek ones :)

• Keira Lennox 04/03/2015 at 10:23 am

They’re so good! The color is really long lasting and melts into your skin.

• sarapas4 04/03/2015 at 10:48 am

Does it work well using fingertips? I’ve heard a lot of people using a stippling brush for cream products :)

• Keira Lennox 04/04/2015 at 7:52 pm

It works great with your fingertips! You just kind of draw it on and blend. I’ve used a brush with it as well, but actually prefer using my hands.

• sarapas4 04/05/2015 at 3:25 pm

Okay great to know :)

• fiftyandfashionable 04/03/2015 at 2:53 am

Love your post – I don’t think you have anything to worry about at 30 wait til you reach 50! I wont leave the house without my full face of makeup ha-ha long gone our those days of waking up and rushing out all fresh faced! :)

• estarnoh 04/03/2015 at 1:46 am

I also love the Clinique chubby stick Curviest Caramel – nude pink :) Its the best

• Keira Lennox 04/03/2015 at 10:24 am

Adding this one to the shopping list, too!

• Bonjour Brittany 04/02/2015 at 9:19 pm

I read your first paragraph and cry laughed a little. So, so funny. That bronze and glow looks so beautiful!!!

• Erin E. 04/02/2015 at 9:04 pm

I’ll check out the BareMinerals – I’m using Smashbox CC cream now and I like it, but I need a new face base in a darker color as we move into spring/summer (thank GOODNESS). I’ve used the Clinique chubby stick for lips and actually didn’t like it, because I thought it was TOO chubby and hard to manipulate.

Oh and I’ve been addicted to Kari Gran ever since your post, so you know I’m all over that lip whip :)

• Keira Lennox 04/03/2015 at 10:25 am

If you try it, let me know what you think!

• Erin E. 04/04/2015 at 8:22 pm

Just ordered from Nordstrom; I’ll let you know in a few days :)

• Dream & Scheme 04/02/2015 at 6:17 pm

The Kari Gran Lip Whip is definitely on my radar.

• Keira Lennox 04/03/2015 at 10:26 am

Everything from Kari Gran is so wonderful! I love, love, love their cleansing oil, too!

• errancesjuveniles 04/02/2015 at 5:18 pm

I’m french girl and i love your blog this article is so interessant and picture are very cute xoxo

• hannahfay 04/02/2015 at 3:43 pm

LOVE this post and all the products mentioned! X

• thebeautmum 04/02/2015 at 3:41 pm

Hi !
    Really enjoyed the post. I love makeup and mornings with 4 kids can be hectic to say the least . So quick look makeup is key ! I also love Clinique chubby sticks & the twist & slick is magic . No pairing required Yah !

• ortizmelissa 04/02/2015 at 3:32 pm

I also love the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade…applied with an angled brush, it provides a more natural look than I’ve been able to achieve with gels or powders!

• basicbeauties 04/02/2015 at 3:09 pm

Complexion Rescue is everything!

• anuradhaforever 04/02/2015 at 1:30 pm

I am so scred to try out chibby sticks :( My skin has a yellow undertone , will it work on me as well ???

btw do drop by I have collaborated with Maybelline for few of my reviews :)

• Jackie Yeary 04/02/2015 at 1:05 pm

I love so many of these products! I’ve never tried the Ample Amber chubby stick for eyes, but I have Lots o Latte and Bountiful Beige and use them frequently.

• rachandmer 04/02/2015 at 1:01 pm

I hear you on the Chubby Sticks! I need to pick up the Chubby sticks for contour.

• Keira Lennox 04/02/2015 at 1:15 pm

Let me know what you think when you try them!! I’d already bought the Charlotte Tilbury palette when they came out, so I didn’t buy them. But I’m so curious. :)

• fashionandmoore 04/02/2015 at 12:54 pm

I’ve heard a lot about these “chubby” sticks ! I’ll definitely b trying them out :)

• Grateful Geek 04/02/2015 at 11:52 am

My favorite is the 3D lash mascara from Younique :) That stuff makes my eyes look like wa-bam!