My ‘I Woke Up Like This’ Makeup Routine

I wish I could roll out of bed and take on the day with a flawless nekkid face, but sister’s over 30 and needs a little help. ‘Fake it ’til you make it,’ right?

My current daily routine is a mashup of The Zoe Report’s ‘Brushless Makeup in Under 5 Minutes‘ and Teni Panosian’s ‘No Makeup’ Makeup Tutorial; two must-watch videos if you’re into fresh-faced everyday makeup with minimal effort.

bareMinerals Complexion Rescue: I’m almost on my second tube of this tinted moisturizing gel with SPF 30. It gives great natural coverage and lasts all day. If you’re not into the product’s dewy finish, you can matte it down with a little powder (I love Urban Decay’s Naked Skin Ultra Definition Pressed Finishing Powder).

Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes in ‘Ample Amber’: Clinique’s entire ‘Chubby Stick’ lineup is genius; it’s like makeup for dummies, and it’s awesome. I use this long-wearing eye crayon all over my lids, and along the bottom lashes. It doesn’t crease or slip, or irritate my contacts like other cream shadows I’ve tried.

Charlotte Tilbury ‘Filmstar Bronze & Glow’: This was a total splurge impulse buy during a late night of too much wine and YouTube beauty tutorials. But it was worth every penny, and is excellent for bronzing and/or contouring. I apply it like a bronzer with a fluffy brush for natural sun-kissed color, and use the highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones, down the center of my nose, on my brow bones, and in the corners of my eyes. Then I define the crease of my eyes with the bronzer and a shadow brush, blending it over the Clinique cream shadow.

Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Colour Balm in ‘Am’d Up Apple’: I swipe this naturally-flushed color over the apples of my cheeks and blend it in with my fingertips.

Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara: One of my all-time favorites that I always restock.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in ‘Dark Brown’: Quickly defining and filling in my brows makes a huge difference in making me feel put-together. It takes a little practice to get the technique right, but once you figure it out, it’s a game changer. This powder looks natural and powers through sweat, humidity, everything.

Kari Gran Lip Whip: Nine times out of ten, I forget to put on lip color until the middle of the afternoon. I dab this on my lips in the morning for a tiny bit of shiny color before I run out the door, or as moisturizing base for other products.

1. I love the Clinique cubby stick…simply amazing

Posted 7.9.15 Reply
  2. Awesome post! Definitely need to try some of these products!

Posted 5.12.15 Reply
  3. xmalaurie wrote:

Hello !

I’m going to discover your blog, and I love it ! It is so cute. ♥ I would like to buy Too faced mascara, but do you recommend me that mascara ? And why, because I’ve little eyelash ! I WANT VOLUME. :)

Lot of kisses.
    xoxo

Posted 5.7.15 Reply
  4. I love this post :) I will have a look at those youtube links too!

Posted 4.26.15 Reply
  5. mallygally wrote:

Plz

Sent from my iPhone

Posted 4.22.15 Reply
  6. Such a great and informative review :) your making me wanna try the chubby sticks!

Posted 4.13.15 Reply
  7. Go see my blog i’m in love with your blog 💜 errancesjuveniles.wordpress.com

Posted 4.7.15 Reply
  8. love this- totally want to try everything here! maybe i’ll start with complexion rescue and some chubby sticks. :)

Posted 4.7.15 Reply
  9. I’m dying to get my hands of the Filmstar Bronze and Glow! I’m not sure how much longer I’ll be able to resist it :)

Posted 4.6.15 Reply
  10. Reblogged this on Finding Joy in the Storm.

Posted 4.6.15 Reply
  11. Reblogged this on MADDIEDIDWHAT.

Posted 4.4.15 Reply
  12. Ash wrote:

Hi! I just nominated you for the Creative Bloggers Award, I hope you’ll take part! Check it out on my last post here: https://wellthisislifeincolor.wordpress.com/2015/04/04/creative-bloggers-award/

Posted 4.4.15 Reply
  13. Sister here is over 40 and appreciates the tips. I love the natural, blushed look. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 4.3.15 Reply
  14. I’m obsessed with chubby sticks for my lips! What do you use for your skincare regimen? I ask bc you wanted a nekkid face!! I don’t use ANY face make up anymore (just eyes and lips) bc of Nerium. If you’re interested in trying it, here’s the product page http://nerium.com/legalradiance/Customers and I am happy to answer any questions! Let me know if you’d like to try some samples and I can mail them out to ya! :)

Posted 4.3.15 Reply
  15. sarapas4 wrote:

This post includes a lot of products on my ‘to try’ list :) Like the Clinique Chubby Sticks for example! I have a couple of them for the lips, but never tried the eye or cheek ones :)

Posted 4.3.15 Reply
    • They’re so good! The color is really long lasting and melts into your skin.

Posted 4.3.15 Reply
      • sarapas4 wrote:

Does it work well using fingertips? I’ve heard a lot of people using a stippling brush for cream products :)

Posted 4.3.15 Reply
        • It works great with your fingertips! You just kind of draw it on and blend. I’ve used a brush with it as well, but actually prefer using my hands.

Posted 4.4.15 Reply
          • sarapas4 wrote:

Okay great to know :)

Posted 4.5.15
  16. Love your post – I don’t think you have anything to worry about at 30 wait til you reach 50! I wont leave the house without my full face of makeup ha-ha long gone our those days of waking up and rushing out all fresh faced! :)

Posted 4.3.15 Reply
  17. estarnoh wrote:

I also love the Clinique chubby stick Curviest Caramel – nude pink :) Its the best

Posted 4.3.15 Reply
  18. I read your first paragraph and cry laughed a little. So, so funny. That bronze and glow looks so beautiful!!!

19. Erin E. wrote:

I’ll check out the BareMinerals – I’m using Smashbox CC cream now and I like it, but I need a new face base in a darker color as we move into spring/summer (thank GOODNESS). I’ve used the Clinique chubby stick for lips and actually didn’t like it, because I thought it was TOO chubby and hard to manipulate.

Oh and I’ve been addicted to Kari Gran ever since your post, so you know I’m all over that lip whip :)

Posted 4.2.15 Reply
    • If you try it, let me know what you think!

Posted 4.3.15 Reply
      • Erin E. wrote:

Just ordered from Nordstrom; I’ll let you know in a few days :)

Posted 4.4.15 Reply
  20. The Kari Gran Lip Whip is definitely on my radar.

Posted 4.2.15 Reply
    • Everything from Kari Gran is so wonderful! I love, love, love their cleansing oil, too!

Posted 4.3.15 Reply
  21. I’m french girl and i love your blog this article is so interessant and picture are very cute xoxo

22. hannahfay wrote:

LOVE this post and all the products mentioned! X

23. Hi !
    Really enjoyed the post. I love makeup and mornings with 4 kids can be hectic to say the least . So quick look makeup is key ! I also love Clinique chubby sticks & the twist & slick is magic . No pairing required Yah !

Posted 4.2.15 Reply
  24. I also love the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade…applied with an angled brush, it provides a more natural look than I’ve been able to achieve with gels or powders!

Posted 4.2.15 Reply
  25. Complexion Rescue is everything!

Posted 4.2.15 Reply
  26. I am so scred to try out chibby sticks :( My skin has a yellow undertone , will it work on me as well ???

btw do drop by I have collaborated with Maybelline for few of my reviews :)

Posted 4.2.15 Reply
  27. I love so many of these products! I’ve never tried the Ample Amber chubby stick for eyes, but I have Lots o Latte and Bountiful Beige and use them frequently.

28. rachandmer wrote:

I hear you on the Chubby Sticks! I need to pick up the Chubby sticks for contour.

Posted 4.2.15 Reply
    • Let me know what you think when you try them!! I’d already bought the Charlotte Tilbury palette when they came out, so I didn’t buy them. But I’m so curious. :)

Posted 4.2.15 Reply
  29. I’ve heard a lot about these “chubby” sticks ! I’ll definitely b trying them out :)

30. Grateful Geek wrote:

My favorite is the 3D lash mascara from Younique :) That stuff makes my eyes look like wa-bam!

@keiralennox

• The only thing that would’ve made this @bonappetitmag ‘white pesto pasta’ better is if @lallimusic was in my kitchen when I made it. (I re-watched her video as I prepped, which was the next best thing.) Guys, I cannot overstate the seriousness of my obsession with the @bonappetitmag YouTube channel. Most of my bookmarks on my phone are videos of recipes I want to try, and I’m slowly making my way through ‘em; kind of like ‘Julie & Julia’ but with fewer live lobsters and a little less butter.
#pastagram #bonappetit #carbcoma
  • Spotted this pretty blooming bush on our evening walk through the neighborhood.
Doak got a little *too* close to the smell the flowers. 🤣
  • In today’s edition of #sundaybaking, I took on @bonappetitmag’s ‘best chocolate chip cookies’. I watched the video first — if you’re not following the @bonappetitmag YouTube channel, get on it! — then used the recipe from BA’s website to guide me through it.
Crispy edges + a chewy center + brown butter + giant chunks of 70% dark chocolate = a pretty perfect cookie. 🍪
@moroccochris - I salute you.
#chocolatechipcookies #bonappetit
  • Clearance vase jackpot at @pier1 this weekend. There are so many great colors and textures in all shapes and sizes from $10-30 with an extra 25% off. ⁣
This was the ultimate test of self-control for me...⁣
I bought 5.
  • Saturday errand style f/ two #styleonabudget favorites from last summer that are still going strong: this gingham ruffle cami I found on a clearance rack at @target + a rattan circle bag I bought for around $25 on @amazon.
I’m killing the cost-per-wear game with these two. 😏 #whatiwore #ootd #summerstyle #stylefiles
  • 🍑