• I mentioned these $8 tees in my July Favorites post, and they’re still going strong as one of my most-worn basics. They’ll be in heavy rotation in the fall under cozy boyfriend cardigans and structured blazers. I went up two sizes for a loose fit that drapes on the body; going oversized is a trick I learned from Karen to make inexpensive pieces look chic.
• I found these Everlane high rise ankle jeans in the back of my closet, and I forgot how much I loved them last winter! They’re called skinnies, but they’re more like a modern mom jean; they sit on the waist and have a relaxed slim fit through the legs. They stretch considerably with lots of wear, so consider sizing down if you don’t like to wash your jeans often. (The new high rise cigarette skinny is on my fall/winter wish list.)[/wc_column] [wc_column size=”one-half” position=”last”] [/wc_column] [/wc_row]
• If you love shiny lips but hate sticky/goopy gloss products, you’ll love the BECCA x Chrissy Teigen Glow Gloss. The formula is creamy, hydrating and super comfortable on the lips, and the nude shades are really lovely. I have two colors: Beach Bum (a warm, sandy pink) and Malibu Soleil (a mauve rose) and they both live in my handbag.
• I was all about minimal makeup in the summer, and in an effort to streamline my morning routine, I rediscovered one of my old favorites: the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 (I’m in the shade Finland). This is an awesome one-and-done complexion and skin care product for busy weekdays; it has a light, buildable coverage with a demi-matte finish that’s almost undetectable on the skin. It also offers a little hydration and good sun protection (if you have normal to oily skin, you probably don’t even need a moisturizer underneath). It wears well through the entire work day, and just needs a quick blot with an oil blotting sheet by the 8-9th hour.
• A close girlfriend recently thought I got lash extensions, but I was just wearing this mascara.
• I splurged on this Marc Jacobs bronzer during the Sephora VIB sale last month, and I’m so happy I did. It’s the perfect sun-kissed color that looks like a natural tan on my light skin. I use it every day to warm up the high points of my face, and as an eyeshadow for quick and easy definition in the crease and along my lower lash line. (If I have time, I throw a cream shadow on my lid to finish the look; this Bobbi Brown long-wear cream shadow stick in ‘sand dune’ is my favorite and it’s on sale at Nordstrom!)
Bath & Body
It was love at first sight — and smell! — when I visited Rafa Natural in downtown Bartow last month. The shop is beautifully stocked with locally-crafted natural, vegan and organic skin care and bath and body products that they make on-site. My standout favorites: the ‘Relaxation’ hand + body wash and lotion, both of which quickly earned top spots in my daily shower routine; the beach body scrub, the perfect prep step for a super-close shave; and the coconut oil bar soaps that come in a lovely range of fragrances. I highly recommend a visit to treat yourself and/or stock up on pampering holiday gifts, like bath bomb fizzies and special seasonal scents.
They also have a full range of skin care products that my girlfriends love.[/wc_column] [/wc_row] [wc_row] [wc_column size=”one-third” position=”first”]
[/wc_column] [wc_column size=”one-third”]
[/wc_column] [wc_column size=”one-third” position=”last”]